Some basic commands I gathered from the several tutorials
- Navigate in editor by using left mouse (horizontal), right mouse (rotation) and both (vertical) . Mouse-wheel (distance horizontal). With this method, use high camera speed
- Alt and mouse for staying looking at object.
- Ctrl + right mouse : move object y-axis (green)
- Ctrl + left mouse : move object x -axis (red)
- Ctrl + both mouse : move object z axis (blue)
- Ctrl + Shift …… Camera will follow the object
- Space bar : rotation mode, scale mode….
- copying: Ctrl C / V, Ctrl + W, Alt
- Select blue axis and end, object falls on the ground
- Edit mode: Ctrl to select a point. Alt to extrude face
- Alt to duplicate
- H to hide objects, Ctrl H to make all hidden object visible again
- G shows how the scene looks in game mode
- F zoom to selected object
- F11 full screen
- F2 Rename object
- First select material then load geometry
- With BSP textures, select all faces and choose align in the proprieties box.
- Mesh, duplicate mesh, place on the proper location and replace by proper mesh.
- Size of objects 5 10 …same as the grid
- Ctrl G to make a group
- Ctrl Shift G is temporary ungroup to take out one part. Finish with Ctrl Shift G again.
- CTRL + [0-9]. Save current location and zoom level in the Blueprint Editor.
- SHIFT + [0-9] Return to that graph at that location and zoom level
- m and left mouse : multiple node
- v and left mouse : vectorparameter
- 1 and left mouse : constant
- T and left mouse : Texture
- L and left mouse : Lerp
- M and left mouse : Multiply
- S and left mouse : scaleparameter
- U and left mouse: TexCoord
- Connection: Double click on line for reroute node
- Connection: alt and left mouse to disconnect
- Connection: Ctrl and left mouse to change connection
- When pulling variable in with Alt = set node with Ctrl get node
- Drag Node over existing Node to replace the Node
- Ctrl 1 bookmarks camera position, with 1 you will go to this position
- Left Mouse Button to raise the Landscape height and Shift + Left Mouse Button will lower the height of the Landscape
- With landscape : change lod in details to increase performance.
- Afterwards you can add landscape
- show fps