I have bought the level tutorial from hourences.
In this post the notes (things I want to remember) when watching the tutorials.
Video chapter 1, basics
- Navigate in editor by using left mouse, right mouse and both. With this methode, use high camera speed
- Alt and mouse for staying looking at object.
- Ctrl + right mouse : move object y-axis (green)
- Ctrl + left mouse : move object x -axis (red)
- Ctrl + both mouse : move object z axis (blue)
- Ctrl + Shift …… Camera will follow the object
- Spacebar : rotation mode
- 2 x Spacebar : scale mode
- copying: Ctrl C / V, Ctrl + W, Alt
Video 2 building
- With BSP textures, select all faces and choose align in the proprieties box.
- Mesh, duplicate mesh, place on the proper location and replace by proper mesh.
- Size of objects 5 10 …same as the grid
- Ctrl Shift G is temporary ungroup to take out one part. Finish with Ctrl Shift G again.
Video 3 landscape
- With landscape : change lod in details to increase performance.
- Afterwards you can add landscape